6.27.2008

Why I Love Brody

The day we were leaving Kurt and I were busy packing the last little knick knacks that are the hardest to know what to do with.  We weren't paying much attention to our children or their safety.  I heard through my sub conscience mind, Drew going to the bathroom.  I heard her turn the water on in the sink to wash her hands and then I heard her playing in the water.  I could care less that she was playing with the water.  I normally would've told her not to waste water and to get down from the stool, but she was happy and I was on a roll and so I gladly welcomed this distraction.  Five minutes or more later Kurt called to me from the bathroom, "Noelle.  Did you put him in here?"  This was what I thought was Drew standing on the stool playing with the water from the faucet.  It was Brody in the sink!

Here is his mischievous trail to the bathroom sink.  Through no investigation at all we realized he climbed on the potty stool, onto the toilet, on top of the back of the toilet, then finally on the counter into the sink.  He was eating a nutria grain bar before his little stunt, and you can see his crumb trail on the back of this porcelain ride.  When I explained to Kurt I had heard Drew go to the bathroom I realized I had actually heard the sound of the toilet being sat on not an actual tinkle.  He made us laugh so hard!  He threw the biggest fit when we made him get down and I was just glad he didn't turn on the hot water.

For a big treat I gave Drew and Brody a Sees chocolate lollipop to share.  Drew was nice enough to let Brody have it for a long time.  She must've known something because shortly after giving him the lollipop he conked out on the cold hard tile.  My mom's house is not exactly baby proof, which is in the next post to come, so I was so happy when this little body stopped moving.

I don't think he could've fallen asleep any happier.  He actually had the lollipop in his hand but Drew was quick to snatch it from a sleeping baby.

Drew wanted to "sleep" too.  She's not the best actress but we still love her.

7 comments:

Kim's just sayin' said...

gosh you gotta love it when when the kids crash. Sounds like he's as much trouble as Nate. Boys will be boys.

stef j. said...

how in the world did he make the toilet-to-counter leap without breaking something (like an ulna or a clavicle)...

real tile floors - haven't seen that in a while :) and non-baby-proofed households + people who aren't used to having wee ones around = huge bummer.

i already miss you guys. :( oh yah, you're just down the road :)

Cari said...

that is hilarious! and what a sweet little pic of brody sleeping on the floor :)

missandyd said...

That is the best story i have heard in a long time! I can't believe how smart he is, to figure out how to get up there all by himself and to know exactly what he wants too. Man I am in for it the day that Max starts to climb...he is at the very begining of it though. So smocking is just stitching little tiny pleats together in a pattern with embrodiry floss. There aren't to many thing for boys but there are some WAY cute girl things. You should make one for Drew and since you have so much spare time, heehee! When do you leave Laie? We need to chat, remember we are 6 hours ahead, that makes it so hard...mabye I will try right now. Hopefully your home-don't ignore me!

Unknown said...

that's so funny! I love it!

Melissa said...

haha!!you have the funniest kids ever! you guys crack me up!

Leah Remillet said...

That is GREAT! I love those kids!!! We are missing them already!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com