6.11.2008

"No sandwich for you!"

Eat Fresh. Live Green. Learn More.

For those of you who frequent my blog you might've read in my "Tag" post that I have boycotted a store called Family Dollar.  I had asked you to join my ranks in the protest and  I ask it of you again.  This time I am rallying against Subway, specifically in Laie.  I promise you this isn't an everyday thing that I have a beef with a company, but the employee's are in desperate need of your help!  I'm personally not an employee but the girl that I visit teach is.    She had worked and breathed Subway in Utah, then moved to Laie where she was hired as the assistant manger.  Shortly after her being hired the owners sold the company to a rotten couple.  They immediately started firing people by crossing their names off the work schedule without even telling them.  Then when the employees would call to find out when they worked next the husband would answer the phone and give it to the person I visit teach and she would have to bear the bad news.  This spiteful couple also demoted everyone, including my friend, by dropping them down to minimum wage and is making them work their way up.  They call her while she's off work to ask her what do for this, or how to do this.  She finally gave it to them and said that she's not going to tell them what do do unless they give her a raise.  They didn't like that very much.  The husband started telling her that if she wants a raise she needs to show them that she deserves one.  That he's saving the company and that he's the one that brought subway to the islands (she's doing some research) and the store in Laie was the worst he's ever seen.  My friend told me it was as good as the one in Utah before the malicious new owners came along.  They need her so they gave her a raise because on her days off  bread has been found undercooked and cookies have been burned. It's sad that they fired so many people because the crotchety wife is always working, acting as the subway nazi.  An employee came in to eat and was wondering why she didn't get her discount.  The wife said, "Do I look like Santa?  I'm not handing out free presents.  Next!"  Okay she didn't say "next" but she might as well should've.  The employees are scared to go to work, terrified that they might get fired and they can't quit for lack of jobs available.  My friend is crossing her fingers that she gets another job that she applied for.  Before my visiting teaching companion and I left her house we asked if there was anything we could do.  She said, 
"Boycott Subway!"

P.S.  Did I mention that he hates Mormons?  I don't know if I did.  Did I?

9 comments:

Stephanie Williams said...

wow that sucks..... not that i live in laie but I wont eat at sub3way there anymore. Maybe she should file a complaint with the Better Busines Beaurau (sp?) or something...or since its a franchise, see if the actual subway company will do anything....

Melissa said...

i heard that things were not doing so well over there.
maybe we should send a petition around... or like the person above said report them. stupid people.

she should just quit and get a job at the pcc or anything until she can get a better one.

what a good visiting teacher you are! :)

Mary Boyd said...

I am a proud boycotter of Subway going on two years now. I havn't gone there since I stood in line for over 20 minutes to get a 4inch turkey sub. Seriously, do not ask me three times if that is all I want on my sandwich!!! It takes longer to make a single sandwich with all the fixings right at their fingertips, than it does to get a families worth of food at taco bell. Come on Subway!!!

Mary

.Ang. said...

mike got a delicious sub the other day. he keeps talking about how it was the best one he's had in his entire life... Maybe that lady really IS santa..

Sadly mine was the WORST i've ever had in my life...

I suppose i could help boycott subway!

Erin said...

i never go there anyways. but ill make sure not to go there now for that reason! subway smells funny and always makes you smell funny. i hate that!

Unknown said...

i agree subway does make you smell funny...i wonder why. and UNBELIEVABLE! about that couple. Why did he even come here if he's not a fan of the community we live in. silly people!

Keiko said...

They are definitely taking advantage of students, and smaller number of competitive businesses. Many (Not all of them) of businesses there has some attitude like, "If you don't like my service, go elsewhere!" That's really sad. I know many of students don't have a car, and they are aware of it. I bet if someone start some good place to eat with great service, that'll do some good for both customers and the owners of the businesses there. Thanks for the post we won't go Subway when we get to go Laie. (When . . .? sigh)

Shanae said...

LOL, I am glad I am not the only one who realized how bad subway smells, I hate going in there because you do totally leave smelling!!

stef j. said...

must admiit i LOVE the smell of subway and the smell of me after subway; nonetheless, boycott i will. i think we should inform them we're boycotting though or it might be less effective

 
design by suckmylolly.com