9.22.2008

Something went 'bump' in the night

Sunday morning I woke up, looked in the mirror and started freaking out.  It seemed like over night I went from having a muffin top to a beer belly.  I even had people at church ask me if I was pregnant, something that doesn't happen till later.  Oh well, at least I could say yes, right?  

Another thing that's new to me are my dreams.  I never had crazy dreams or anything close when I was pregnant with my other kids but now I wake up at least five times a night because of my dreams.  They're usually of Brody about to get hurt, then I start talking in my sleep, telling Kurt to get him before that car hits him, and wake Kurt and myself up in the process.  Honestly I do this at least five times a night.  My dreams have started to expand with different people starring in them, some now fun, like Hillary Williams, Erin Low and I going on a road trip but others where I wake up crying, like Kurt cheating on me with a girl in a Bronco.(That last one I'm convinced was influenced by Aaron Jones' new vehicle)  I'm so tired in the morning from waking up so much in the night and my eyes hurt from crying so much.  I can laugh at some of my dreams, or should I say nightmares, now, but five or even ten minutes after I wake up I still have a hard time calming down.

For those who've had these kinds of dreams, when does it go away?  Anybody have a tonic to make them stop?  I'm seriously thinking of getting a sleep number bed.

9 comments:

Cari said...

cute pregnant bump noelle! :) those do sound like crazy dreams..i haven't ever really noticed a difference between my pregnant and non-pregnant dreams..so sorry no antidotes from me

Erin said...

i only had them when i was very newly prego. but james now has them for me! let's just say it's a good thing you are done with breaking dawn...or else those would be horrible dreams. and i wish your dreams about us roadtrippin were real! that would be soooo fun! and i love your little belly...i just want to rub it!

Leah Remillet said...

I have the dreams through my whole pregnancies - you can probably remember the stories. Biggest thing for me was watching what I saw or talked about - cause any disturbing images (i.e. movies or scary stories) would play center stage in my dreams that night. For me - it was all about making sure that I went to sleep calm and happy - often reading my scriptures or ensign helped... than I would still have the super vivid dreams but they would be really fun! MISS YOU GUYS!!

missandyd said...

You are so cute! I woke up sobbing one time because I was telling my family that I was dying from pancriatic cancer. It was hard to settle back down. I can't emagine having five a night! I still want to go get screened after that one!

Kathryn said...

i've found that i only dream when it's hot. when it's cool i sleep soundly. so maybe those dreams will be gone as soon as you get to utah and have those cool comfortable nights sleeps. ;) ... maybe. :)

Alissa said...

I had some weird dreams in the beginning but they went away after a while. I think it was because I got so tired that I slept too deeply to dream or remember any of the dreams. I hope they go away!

stef j. said...

so funny/sad. i still have crazy vivid dreams. ok, so they were a bit more vivid when pregnant. i have no solution, just validation and agreement.

oh and i would have TONS of dreams about case cheating on me. isn't that way weird?! never in a bronco though. :)

Laura said...

You look so cute Noelle! I had some crazy dreams too but not every night I still remember one that really freaked me out when I was prego with Jonah I dreamt that we BBQ'd him!! ugh talk about disturbing!! but They went away eventually! Good luck!

Hillaryous said...

Your LOVELY LADY LUMP, CHECK IT OUT!

I think its BEAUTIFUL! I'm sad we don't get to see it in person! I missed getting to say goodbye to you! ;*( but at least you're seeing me in your dreams! ROAD TRIP?! Sign me up! Let's go! hahaha

I had the same dreams and I don't remember when they ended... prob about mid 2nd trimester... really intense! So sorry for the nightmares!

LOVE YOU! I love the new look of your blog! BOO so scary! jk

 
design by suckmylolly.com